X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• boobsandbrews
    replied
    bad one's

Young's double chocolate stout, Moose Drool, Elephant, Turbodog just to name a few. My cousin and I decided to try every beer possible in one year some years ago. We had around 360 different brews and most weren't too bad. We would use the domestic lite beers such as bud or miller lite as a reference point or "0", and judge the beers according to that standard. We found roughly 70 different brews in local groceries, and had to venture on to many different liqcour stores and so on. As I recall, most all beers from Louisianna were BAD. Dixie was pretty bad, some french quarter beer with foil on the top was bad, and everything from Russia was not appealing. I did fall in love with Becks Octoberfest, and purchased 12 cases of the stuff as the local Naval Exchange had them for about 6 bucks a piece. Good stuff.

Leave a comment:

• boobsandbrews
    replied
    Originally posted by THE ICEMAN View Post
    A Lambic is an acquired taste. It is obvious that a number of you don't wish to acquire it.

Anyway, I'd like to say, to paraphrase Will Rogers, "I've never met a beer I didn't like". Unfortunately that is not the case. I've never met a hefeweizen I liked. How do people choke that stuff down?
    And I once had a microbrew that was billed as a "Jalepeno Ale". Certain things were not meant to be infused into beer. Jalepenos being one of them.

THE ICEMAN
    I had a Belgium Kriek Lambic while in France. It was great, but I feel that you have to drink a lambic at a room temperature to fully enjoy it. Just my .02

Leave a comment:

• OlDirtyJohn
    replied
    id take a dreaded cherry wheat over a shinerbock any day of the week. cant stand that stuff.

Leave a comment:

• panthermark
    replied
    Interesting thread.....

I've had plenty of "bad" beer.....but I'm not sure if you call Colt 45, St Ides, Magnum, Steel Reserve, Old English 800, Cobra, and Crazy Horse "beer". (Yeah...they are bad malt liquors).

I've also had plenty of cheap stuff....and I would say that Natural Ice Light and some MDG knock-off were the worst.

As far as Sam Adams's goes. The Lambic is awful, but I really did enjoy the Cherry Wheat. Maybe something has changed, because it has been about 10 years since I last had Cherry Wheat.

Leave a comment:

• cm11599ps
    replied
    Originally posted by cm11599ps View Post
    I was at the store picking up some cold ones for my Dad's b-day today when I spotted a six pack of Sam's Cherry next to what I was purchasing. I ended up putting it in my cart.

This stuff was awful. I called it carbonated Nyquil.

I just picked up a twelve pack of Sam Adams Harvest Collection that has 2 Cherry Wheat beers. I put one in the freezer to have with last nights leftover meatball parm hero. I wanted to have an open mind with this.

I poured it into a pint glass and it looks good. Nice color, perfect head. I then brought the glass to my nose for a whiff.

It smells awful. It's reminiscent of Nyquil. I put the glass down and a few moments later tried to clear my head and brought the glass to my nose for another whiff. It's STILL awful.

I then brought the glass to my lips for a taste. The first sip was actually not that bad. Nowhere near as bad as I originally remembered. I then continued to drink and eat and this beer got progressively worse. With every taste it tasted more and more like Nyquil.

I strongly suggest that you NEVER purchase this beer or even TRY this beer.

Leave a comment:

• mac114
    replied
    Sam Adams Cranberry Lambic by far is the worst. My brother in law gave me a 6 pack one christmas. The next year he got a 5 pack from me with a message. Do not return as a 4 pack. But he did. It went down the drain.

Leave a comment:

• hrosvit
    replied
    Hamms. Ick.

Leave a comment:

• REECEGABBY
    replied
    An uncle used to work at Evansville 'Ind' Brewing Co, where the used to make Falls City, Weidiman, and more. used to tell us stories where they would sit at on the patio at the brewery 'open to the public', $1.50 you could drink all day. I have tried all those, not fantastic, but not terrible either

Leave a comment:

• THE ICEMAN
    replied
    I bought a six of Billy Beer way back when. I don't really recall any fond memories of it.

As far as the beers of misspent youth go, Buckhorn Beer is one I'd like to forget.

THE ICEMAN

Leave a comment:

• lunkhead
    replied
    I've got one of them Billy Beer cans. It's empty, but I didn't drink it so can't comment on the taste. I do remember Black Label and Red White & Blue, in the days of my youth RWB was an acceptable inexpensive (cheap) beer and I've certainly drank a few.

Leave a comment:

• doug ellis
    replied
    Ok, let us go back a few years. Some of you may remember Pres. Jimmy Carter. Well he had this brother (Billy) an embarrassment I think. At the time I worked for PBR in Georgia, and we packaged a beer, Billy Beer, remember? Well, I have had some tell me that it was the worst swill they had ever put in their mouth. Then I informed them that it was the same beer, just a different label of about 15 others. Just to name a few, Black Label, Red White & Blue, Weideman, Falls City, Sterling, and a number of other regional brands that PBR purchased. Any one of these ring a bell?

Leave a comment:

• lunkhead
    replied
    Ok I'll cough one up. Blue Moon Pumpkin ale. Even my alcohlic cousin couldn't finish 1 bottle. He had to trash his favorite tee shirt that said "Fear no Beer", he finally found one to fear. I had to dump the last 3 bottles out from the six pack that my wife had bought, no one else even wanted to try one.

Leave a comment:

• cm11599ps
    replied
    I just took a look at the 6 pack of Sam Cherry Wheat that I bought. Turns out it must have been some kind of repack because they're are 3 cherry wheat and 3 irish red.

I've never had the Sam Irish Red but I always liked Killian's so we'll see how it tastes.

Leave a comment:

• fnmocurtis
    replied
    My new worst beer!

Is the one I don't have!!!!! Keg wasn't on the truck today!!!! Could have used a nice cold one!! Someone have one for me!!!

Leave a comment:

• californiakulak
    replied
    You people are funny. My wife simply loves Sam Adams Cherry Wheat. A beer that I tasted that I thought was even worse though was Lost Cost's Raspberry Brown. I bought a 22 oz botle for my wife and diceded to share it with her when all other beer in the house was gone. It was so bad that we dumped it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X